This Isn't What It Looks Like...

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

What I Don't See.

I saw someone today... someone I hadn't seen in a long time and that I really admire... I didn't even see it coming... I was at a local restaurant having lunch with some friends, but I drank like a gallon of coffee in the morning and I hadn't gone to the bathroom yet, so I really had to pee... I got up the table, walked towards the restroom when there she was, staring right into my face... she stopped me right on my tracks...

Seeing me must've taken her by surprise... I was overwhelmed when I saw her... and I felt a huge deal of fear when I saw her after many years... She didn't say a word. She just looked at me with what I thought was probably interest, but as it was when I was younger, it was disapproval. Her hair was pulled back severely, displaying a pale face made up like a porcelain doll... the years had passed her by. She was looking old, tired, and sick of everything... she looked like shit.

What happened to her? What happened to that woman who'd do as she pleased? The woman right in front of me, couldn't be her...

As usual, arrogance just flowed from her... I waited for words to come out of my mouth. Or hers. She looked like a mix between Beatrix Kiddo/Madonna/Mata Hari/Hillary Clinton/Cleopatra/and every other woman in the world, strong or not... she was all of us, and all of us were her... mistreated, happy, sad, mean, evil, warm-hearted...

That's when I realized she was something else... A warrior. A goddess. A survivor. Someone not to be fucked with. Before I could clear my throat, she was gone. Arranging her skirt with her arthritic hands, she disappeared into the darkness behind her. I was left shaking for what felt like forever... partially because I still had to go to the bathroom but mostly because I had encountered such an exquisite creature yet once again...

When I came to my senses, I realized something... the whole time, I was staring right into a mirror.

3 what they've said:

Wowwwww!

I'm surprised!!!

Grooooso!

Muy bueno, che!!!

=)

Besotes!

By Blogger Lulet (Julia Mar), at 9:55 AM  

Yaaaaayyyy!!!! Sabia ke a las ladies les podria gustar este...

Thnx!!! (",)

By Blogger Danny, at 11:38 AM  

Yes it did!!!!

By Blogger Lulet (Julia Mar), at 9:53 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home